Edmonton String Players Association is a volunteer run, non-profit organization and federally registered charity. This means that the Music Enrichment Program is able to remain affordable and accessible to students across socio-economic borders. Without the time and support of volunteers, the Music Enrichment Program would not be able to continue.
Thank you to all of those who volunteered their time in various ways throughout the last season!
The Volunteer Deposit for the 2023/24 season is $300 per family
Deposit must be received in the form of a cheque:
Post-dated to June 1, 2024 and made payable to the Edmonton String Players Association
Your deposit cheque will be returned to you upon completion of one of the following requirements:
- Serve on the ESPA Board¹
- Attend at least three ESPA Meetings²
- Attend at least two ESPA Meetings
Volunteer at two Events³
¹ Position must be held for the duration of the season or until the next AGM.
² Schedule will be provided in advance via email and can also be found on the Calendar.
³ The Volunteer Coordinator will distribute Volunteering Sign-up sheets via email for events such as Concerts, Rehearsals, Fundraisers, etc. All Sign-ups will be on a first come first served basis. ESPA cannot guarantee there will be enough positions for everyone to fulfill their requirement in this manner – please plan accordingly!
Official Donation Receipts will be issued to Members who choose to have their cheque cashed rather than fulfilling the volunteering requirement outlined above
ADDITIONAL VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
- Serve on the ESPA Board of Directors
- Serve on or Chair an ESPA Committee
- Participate as casino volunteer
- Lead or assist with a fundraiser
- Participate in the annual financial audit
- Office administration and/or bookkeeping
- Provide photography or videography services
- Corporate/Government grant writing
- Assist at a concert or other event
- Assist with community engagement
- Setup/teardown at rehearsals and events
- Have other ideas? Please share!