We are all looking forward to getting back to rehearsals in two weeks! More information about the first rehearsal night will be coming to you shortly, but here is one quick update that we need to share as we come into the fall season of colds, flus, and Covid.
Because we do take your children’s health and safety very seriously, we will have the following protocols in place for rehearsals:
- Face coverings will be required for all persons in attendance. (In general, we will follow EPSB guidelines, but currently there is also a City of Edmonton requirement for masks to be worn in all indoor settings.) This will apply regardless of Covid/Influenza vaccination status. Face shields are an acceptable alternative for those who cannot wear a close-fitting mask.
- Students will not share stands at rehearsals.
- There will be no breaks so as to minimize close contact/mingling.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for all persons as they enter the rehearsal room.
- Sanitizing wipes will be available for students to wipe down their chair/stand.
- Health screening will be done at each rehearsal. Students may not attend rehearsals if they have flu symptoms.
- Any adults present (parents, volunteers, visitors, etc) must sign in on the attendance sheet.
Your board regularly follows health and safety updates from the province and the city, and will notify you via email of any changes that affect rehearsal scheduling. If there are shutdowns during this season, we do intend to offer some online options to keep kids connected to each other and their conductors until regular rehearsals are permitted to resume.
Edmonton String Players Association